Here is a list of home remedies that I read a while back and have found very useful. Some of these I already knew, but many of them were new. Who knew chocolate milk could help your body after a workout? The best part about this list is that there were not any crazy ingredients I could not pronounce. These are things that people actually have in their home.
Common Healthy Remedies That Are Right In Your Home
The below are commonly found in the average home and can help in many ways.
1. Water: Because dehydration can cause a range of symptoms from fatigue to headache, a simple glass of water can sometimes work wonders. Other problems that can arise from lack of water include increased heart rate, dark urine, muscle cramps, and nausea. To avoid these, make sure you get your eight to ten glasses a day.
2. Club Soda : Not only useful for getting out stains, it can also help with an upset stomach or dehydration. Because it is free of the sugar and additives of regular sodas, you can get the benefits without the negatives. Click her for more about club soda.
3. Chocolate Milk : Often thought of as more of an indulgence than healthy remedy, there are actually benefits to your childhood favorite. When drank after a rough workout, chocolate milk can actually be very useful as a recovery drink. Still don’t believe me, check out this video.
4. Honey : From healing wounds to fighting infections, honey is said to be one of the most ancient and turned to remedies across the world. It is even used to combat diarrhea, indigestion, stomach ulcers and gastroenteritis. Click here for more about the health benefits of honey.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar : From Hippocrates to modern day doctors, apple cider vinegar has been used to treat many ailments. They include aches, pains, lack of energy, warts, and are even used on animals. This is a great resource to learn lots more about apple cider vinegar.
6. Lemon Water : That yellow wedge on the end of your glass can be so much more than a garnish. Combining lemon with water helps alkalize both your blood and body, keeping it from becoming too acidic. This blog offers lots of great information about lemon water.
7. Cinnamon : Studies have shown that a half of a teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower LDL cholesterol. Cinnamon can also help with diabetes, arthritis, and even leukemia. More about amazing cinnamon.
8. Ginger : Used as a healthy remedy for centuries, the ginger in your home can actually help with many modern ailments. They include ovarian cancer, motion sickness, heartburn, and more. Wow ginger really is amazing.
9. Garlic : This clove has been used on everything from preventing the flu to the Bubonic plague. Raw garlic has also been used on a range of ailments including both acne treatment and managing cholesterol. Click here for more about garlic. I sure hope all this is true because then I am going to live forever. I LOVE garlic!
10. Hydrogen Peroxide : The subject of much controversy, this substance can help with everything from allergies to gingivitis. Check out this link about hydrogen peroxide. It has tons of information.
Did you already know all these thing? Do you currently use any of these things as your own home remedy? What is your favorite home remedy? I would love to hear from you!