I thought I would break down the post on home remedies into a couple different posts so that the information would not be too overwhelming. Here are the next 8 home remedies on the list.
Here are 8 natural ways to help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight
1. Milk- Studies showed that those who drank a glass of fat free milk before lunch experienced decreased appetite and calorie intake compared to those who drank fruit juice. Click here for more information about drinking milk for weight loss.
2. Almonds : One of the healthiest of all the nuts, research has been found that people with a diet rich in almonds lost more pounds than those without. They also helped with blood pressure. Shape magazine says that almonds are one of the top 25 natural appetite suppressant.
3. Vinegar : Some studies suggest that vinegar can increase metabolism. This in turn helps the body process food and burn more calories. There is some debate about the effectiveness of vinegar in weight loss. Here is more about apple cider vinegar.
4. Jalapenos :, The spice found in these peppers can increase metabolism. In fact, many naturally spicy foods tout similar properties. While these do not burn a ton of extra calories (about 50-75 a day), if you enjoy spicy food then throw them in. Click here for more on jalapenos for weight loss.
5. Evening Primrose Oil : The oil is extracted from a plant of the same name and contains an essential fatty acid that can help with metabolism. Other benefits include combating cholesterol, fatigue, improper hormone levels, and more. Here is a little more information on evening primrose oil.
7. Coconut : The oil found in coconuts is said to have weight losing properties. I have read about people that take a tablespoon or two before meals and they say it helps with weight loss. There is quite a bit of research that would support that belief. Click here for more about using coconut oil.
8. Pine Nuts : Use these nuts as a garnish to many dishes to help naturally decrease your appetite. Pine nut oil contains pinolenic acid, a fatty acid that stimulates the body to produce two natural appetite suppressants. Click here for more about pine nuts.
9. Flaxseeds : Similar to the above, they also help suppress appetite. The seeds also contains omega-3 fats and fiber as well. I love flaxseeds. They add a delicious nutty flavor to baked goods and oatmeal. Keep flaxseeds in your freezer to extend its shelf life once opened. Here is a bit more info on flaxseeds.
There you have it. Eight natural additions to your diet that could aid in your weight loss. Thanks for reading!
Do you have any tips or tricks that you use to help maintain a healthy weight? I would love to hear from you!